Fishing near my premises
back to attractions overview page
- 7 minute video interview with 2 local fishermen shot by myself
- Trout fishing at Draycote reservoir (brown and rainbow trout) from the bank or from boat on Draycote Water - 5 mile circumference reservoir 600 acres lake). Fishing is from 2nd March to 30th November (2018). Prices here on the official, very comprehensive, Draycote fly fisheries website. See also the weekly reports. Draycote is very exposed, so there is usually a breeze which is ideal on hot summer days. On overcast days or days where it is windy elsewhere make sure you wrap up well because on a day when it's windy everywhere else, there may be be a howling gale at Draycote! It's recommended to phone ahead and book a parking place for your car if bank fishing. There are 32 boats with outboard motors also available. Gutting room available for your catch. Cafe and toilets.
- 22 minute, fantastic, pro quality video on fishing at Draycote
- Fishing Tackle shop in Dunchurch This is a very nice fishing tackle shop, just a few minutes away from Draycote.
- Lanny's Lagoon (¾ mile away from premises) CV23 0PR phone 07970 907 995 Carp up to 20lb. Tench also. Two pools. Wooded area so always sheltered from the wind. Tickets from £6. 8 minute video shot by myself – Lanny's Lagoon
- Wolvey Caravan Park Just 10 minutes (6 miles) away from my premises. (Closed in winter) This is a very nice, family friendly campsite with good amenities. It might be worth considering if you want to bring your caravan and/or the kids and spend a relaxing day fishing. The fishing onsite is an enlarged pond. Fish include carp up to 23lb tench, perch and roach. Fishing is £4 per rod with a £10 deposit for the key to the gate. The pond is fenced off for the protection of children.
- Makins fisheries Small Caravan site available. 18 carefully managed and well stocked lakes. 01455 220 877 CV11 6QJ website Only 7 miles (12 minutes) away from premises. I can find no information about “close season” on the Makins website so I assume that fishing goes on all year round.
- google maps Makins Fishery
- Sample review from google maps: “..Possibly the biggest fishery in the country with 20 plus lakes all beautifully landscaped and tended with a passion. Lakes all appear to be well stocked. Private and match fishing. Excellent on site cafe at rock bottom prices. Fabulous ...”
- 6 minute angler's video at Makins
- google maps showing how to get to Makins from my premises
- Coombe Pool fisheries at Coombe Abbey. CV3 2AB Phone: 02476 453 720 Only 4 miles from my premises. 500 acres of parkland designed by Capability Brown. Lake covers 80 acres. Bream to 10lb and Zander to 16lb “regularly banked”. The season is from 16 June to 14 March. Pike, zander, carp, tench and bream. Day ticket £5.80 for adult, £2.90 for junior. Tickets can be bought at the car park. Download map of fisheries.
- Daniel Everitt describes catching a 10lb bream at Combe Pool Fishery at Combe Abbey (3 ½ miles from premises)
- 8 minute video tackle guru fishing at Coombe Pool
- google maps – shows how to get there from my premises
- Meadowlands Fisheries facebook page 8.5 miles from premises. No website but excellent write up on fisheries.co.uk Very wide species stocking policy. Car park, toilets and snack bar on site. Google review: “...beautiful fisheries...” Very nice b & b (Home Farm) 80 yards away.
- Meadowlands on google maps
- 60 minutes pro youtube video (shot at meadowlands)
- (back to top)
- back to attractions overview page